The project was a very ambitious undertaking, incorporating a generous-sized two storey garage and master bedroom extension, located at the rear of the property.
Brief: To incorporate a single-car ground floor garage, to take advantage of the existing rear lane access. Located directly above the proposed new garage and existing dining room, carefully incorporate a staircase up to a study, ensuite, master bedroom and walk-in robe. Renovated existing bedrooms and bathrooms to incorporate additional storage and functionality in these areas of the house.
Key design features:
Generous-sized garage able to accommodate a large family car and various gardening and household equipment.
- A bespoke first-floor study, complete with custom-made office joinery systems.
- Large walk-in robes.
- Integrated heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems, servicing the first floor.
- 6-Star Energy Rating including double-glazed window with low-e energy efficient window films.
- External window hoods (fixed external shading devices installed around east-facing windows).
- Engineered timber flooring.
- Pure wool carpets.
- Feature LED strip lighting integrated into timber staircase handrails.
Ecologically sustainable design principles used:
6-Star Energy Rating including double-glazed window with low-e energy efficient window films.